Below are the official contest rules for contests conducted on 104.7 The Fish. These are general rules. Additional rules may apply as they pertain to specific contests.
1. 104.7 The Fish contests are open to all valid U.S. businesses, charitable institutions and ministries who reside in the 104.7 The Fish listening area.
2. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited
3. Any individual who is eighteen (18) years or younger must have permission from their parent to participate.
4. Most contests on 104.7 The Fish are conducted by playing a specified “sounder” and the 14th person to get through the line at (404) 741-1047 is the winner. However, sometimes, contests are played that require a correct answer from the winner. In these instances, the 1st person to call (404) 741-1047 and provide the correct answer being looked for by 104.7 The Fish will be declared the winner
5. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of WFSH, 104.7 The Fish, its parent company Salem Communications Holding Corporation, its parent’s affiliated companies, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
6. Once you have won a prize on The Fish, there can be no other winners from your household until 30 days have passed. If a winner chosen has violated the 30-day rule, their prize will be forfeited.
7. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for prizes provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Some contests include one (1) Grand Prize winner. The winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Entrants need not be present to win. The winner will be notified by e-mail or regular mail within two (2) weeks from the date of selection. The winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks of notification and prize is not picked up at station within 30 days of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prize will be awarded within approximately two (2) weeks after all required proof and documentation is received. The Grand Prize winner has two weeks to redeem the prize. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Radio Station is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or mishandled entries.
9. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station (“Contest Judge”). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the “Contest Judge”, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent company and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
10. To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.